INTRODUCING THE RUCKUS ICX 7850
Posted by mbird on Fri, 20/10/2017 - 16:25
New user demands and technology advances are increasingly putting pressure on campus networks requiring them to scale to support more devices and deliver more bandwidth.
The rapid growth in wireless traffic, accelerated by the adoption of 802.11ac and 802.11ax Wi-Fi, is propelling the migration from 1GbE to Multi-gigabit at the network edge and, driving the need for faster aggregation and core solutions.
The Ruckus® ICX® 7850 is designed to meet these new challenges:
- Flexible: Distributed chassis architecture for deploying ports exactly when and where they are needed with long distance stacking
- Scalable: Up to 384x 100GbE or 576x 10/25 GbE ports per 12 units stack
- Secure: Maximum security and data privacy with 128/256-bit MACsec encryption
- Resilient: Highly resilient design with hitless failover, ISSU (In Service Software Upgrade), MCT (Multi-Chassis Trunking) and redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans.
- Future Ready: Supports next generation Ethernet speeds with 10/25 Gbps at the aggregation and 40/100 Gbps at the core. Switching capacity up to 6.4 Tbps per switch.
- Cost Effective: Pay as you grow deployment model.
- Simple to Deploy: Unified wired and wireless management with Ruckus SmartZone. Unique features designed to simplify network deployment and management such as advanced stacking, and zero touch provisioning.